Just Because

Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!

This time of year can be hectic and crazy busy, but it can also be so overwhelmingly special and filled with wonder.  Someone said to me this year that they just decided they weren't going to get stressed out at Christmas. Way to go!  I would love to say I'm there, but not quite.  I try to anticipate the stress.  I guess if I anticipate it and prepare for it, it's a little better. Especially since my stress typically comes from rushing to get things done at the last minute or when what I have planned doesn't go as planned.

Let's think about the wonder, though.  Let's focus on the miracle that we celebrate on December 25. Let's concentrate on the sheer joy of watching children experience Christmas.  Let's love on our families and friends, and all those in our community who need a little extra love. Let's relax and enjoy a good Christmas movie and a cup of hot cocoa.  Just a thought!

One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is to decorate my home. This year I got an early start because I had a day off of work the week before Thanksgiving.  Since there was only 3 weeks between turkey day and Christmas I took advantage and decked my halls then.  I have really enjoyed the festive feel! But I will also enjoy getting it put away (just being honest, here).
 I joyed the chevron/burlap revolution this year with this wreath - i think I will change the bow and decor for different seasons - we'll see!
 This little pouch holds all my Christmas cards.  I love looking at them as I get them and then going through them again when I take down the decorations - usually on January 1.
 O Christmas Tree!  I really like to pull out my ornaments every year and discover again and again the treasures.  I also like to buy a few ones each year to add to the mix.
My mom bought me this as a housewarming/Christmas gift when I moved into my condo - and I love it as much now as I did then.  (I know the wise men are too close, but that's where they landed this year.)

So, whether your Christmas is as calm and peaceful as can be, or it's filled with crazy chaotic dysfunction - take a breath and find a minute to focus on the good things - and the best thing. After all, that's why we are celebrating in the first place!




No comments: